In order to keep Microtech processes, production and technology at State of the Art level and in order to strengthen and expand its network, Microtech participates in the following key European Projects:
H2020 – ICT (Photonic KETS)
HAMLET (www.ict-hamlet.eu) (from 2014 to 2017). Objectives: Joint development of a new kind of transceiver for future 5G-mobile phone networks in the frequency range of 28 GHz. Microtech role: Optical/Electronic Transceiver integration and prototyping.
FP7 – ICT
- SPIRIT (www.spiritproject.eu) (from 2013 to 2016). Objectives: Joint development of a low-cost, energy-efficient flexible transceivers capable of gridless operation with a throughputs up to 1 Tb/s. Microtech role: Optical/Electronic integration, modules packaging, Transceiver integration and prototyping
- PANTHER (www.ict-panther.eu) (from 2014 to 2017). Objectives: Joint development of multi-rate, multi-format, multi-reach and multi-flow terabit transceivers with operation rate up to 64 Gbaud. Microtech role: Optical/Electronic integration, modules packaging, Transceiver integration and prototyping
- PARADIGM (www.paradigm.jeppix.eu) (from 2010 to 2015). Objectives: The PARADIGM project aims to establish, and facilitate access to, cost-effective Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) manufacture in Europe and address the whole product development from InP PICs design to the final packaged components.
- JePPIX (www.jeppix.eu) consortium manages the commercial exploitation of the PARADIGM project. Microtech role: Packaging service for European Photonic ecosystem.
- POLYSYS (www.ict-polysys.eu) (from 2010-2014) Objectives: to realize 100Gb/s serial connectivity for rack-to-rack interconnects, Microtech role is in integration and packaging of 100 Gb/s, 2x 100 Gb/s and Tunable 100 Gb/s serial Transmitters. Microtech role: Optical/Electronic integration, components/modules packaging and prototyping.